Five categories - five prizes - five winners
The Technical University of Munich won the race in the research/science category. Together with their partners they developed a driver guidance system 4.0, which supports the construction machine operators with holograms during their construction site activities. Virtual 3D models and data from different sources overlay real objects and the environment. The operator receives all relevant information in the field of vision. This provides a better overview and facilitates the implementation of changes in the construction process.
Liebherr Hydraulik Bagger won the prize in the Design category. With its new operating environment for construction machines, the company takes the next level of digital control environment by combining physical and digital units: it integrates standard tablets into the control environment of a construction machine and implements the requirements of machine operators using an intuitive Graphics Unit Interface. Man will no longer just operate the machine, he will communicate with it.
Every three years at bauma, VDMA, HDB (German Construction Industry Federation), ZDB (German Construction Confederation), bbs (German Building Materials Association) and Messe München award the bauma Innovation Prize.
This time 138 entries were received, 64% from Germany and 36% from abroad. 53 entries were submitted in the machine category, 44 in the components and digital systems category, 5 in the building/construction processes/building processes category, 18 in research and science and 18 in the Design category. Candidates must qualify in several selection rounds and meet certain criteria. It is about how high the level of digitisation is, how advanced and user-friendly and, of course, how economic the innovation is. Optics and ergonomics also play a role. In the Design category, the combination of form and function is of decisive importance.
47 of 138 innovations become finalists
- Probst GmbH (www.probst-handling.de)
- Q Point AG (www.q-point.com)
- recalm GmbH (www.recalm.com)
- Rokla GmbH (www.rokla.de)
- Schwamborn Gerätebau GmbH (www.schwamborn.com)
- Tammet-Systems International GmbH (www.tammet-systems.com)
- Technische Universität München (www.tum.de)
- ThyssenKrupp industrial solutions (www.thyssenkrupp.com)
- Tracto-Technik GmbH & Co.KG (www.tracto-technik.de)
- TU Bergakademie Freiberg, Institut für Aufbereitungsmaschinen (www.iam.tu-freiberg.de)
- TU Dresden Inst. für Technische Logistik (www.tu-dresden.de)
- TU München Lehrstuhl Materialfluss und Logistik (www.fml.mw.tum.de)
- Uni Duisburg-Essen (www.uni-due.de)
- Van Beest B.V. (www.vanbeest.nl)
- Vemcon GmbH (www.vemcon.de)
- Vollert Anlagenbau GmbH (www.vollert.de)
- Volvo Construction Equipment (www.volvo.com)
- Wacker Neuson SE (www.wackerneuson.com)
- Wayss und Freytag Ingenieurbau AG (www.wf-ib.de)
- Wirtgen GmbH (www.wirtgen.de)