Here you can find the press material for the bauma Innovation Award.
We will publish press releases on the individual innovations in the course of the competition.
Beaming winners at the award ceremony
The secret of this year's award winners was revealed on Sunday at the Munich Residence.
Munich, 23 October 2022 - For the thirteenth time, numerous companies and institutes from Germany and abroad competed for the award in five categories at the world's leading trade fair bauma in Munich. Following a multi-stage selection process, five lucky winners were presented with their awards on Sunday in the Max Joseph Hall of the Munich Residence.
They are in the categories
- Climate protection: Liebherr France SAS with its crawler excavator with hydrogen engine,
- Digitalisation: MiC 4.0 Machines in Construction with a standardised digital language for construction sites,
- Machine technology: Herrenknecht AG with the continuous drive,
- Building: Holcim (Deutschland) GmbH with prestressed CPC concrete elements,
- Research: TU Freiberg Institute of Mechanical Engineering with Deep Sea Sampling.
A total of 133 applications were received, of which 41 finalists made it through to the next round. The expert jury and task force selected their favourites in two rounds of voting. The trade journalists attending the bauma media dialogue in Munich also had the opportunity to cast their vote in the final round.
The competition is a joint project led by VDMA Construction Machinery and Building Material Plants, Messe München, the German Construction Industry Federation (HDB), the Central Association of the German Construction Industry (ZDB) and the Federal Association of Building Materials - Stone and Soil (bbs).